Submitted By: Adaptive Sports USA
JOB TITLE: Office Manager
Organization: Adaptive Sports USA (Formerly Wheelchair and Ambulatory Sports, USA)
Position Type: Part-time 24 hours/week, Non-exempt
Applications accepted through January 13, 2016.
Tentative start date February 1, 2016.
Location: Remote / home based – Metro Denver or Colorado Front Range preferred
Supervisor: Executive Director
This position will be responsible for a variety of duties associated with the daily operations of Adaptive Sports USA. Specifically, this position will focus on planning national events for the organization, managing membership programs, and overseeing all administrative aspects of the office.
Event Planning & Management
- Assist with planning and implementation of our signature events and programs, including Junior Nationals, the National Adaptive Sports Conference, National Delegate Assembly and US delegation’s presence at the IWAS Junior World Games.
- Oversee individual and chapter member benefits programs, including application & renewal processes
- Ensure timely and consistent communication with individual and chapter members
- Coordinate the application process for Adaptive Sports USA sanctioned competitions
- Direct the Athlete Development Fund in collaboration with Adaptive Sports USA Treasurer
- Track membership statistics and provide frequent reports to ED and Board of Directors
- Serve as a liaison between Adaptive Sports USA insurance broker and the member chapters
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable in collaboration with the Treasurer
- Maintain current organizational database, records, reports, results & documents and manage SharePoint site
- Manage social media in cooperation with the marketing committee for web updates, Facebook posts, eblasts and newsletters
- Compile and create reports/statistics for internal and external purposes
- Manage Adaptive Sports USA’s liability coverage, including Director and Officers Insurance, AD&D, International Travel Insurance and chapter / sanctioned events Certificates of Insurance.
- Respond in timely manner to all questions from the general public via phone and email
- Administer background checks for staff, Board of Directors and Committee members with an additional option for chapters
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years’ experience in an administrative position, with basic understanding of accounting and insurance preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, basic web design, and social media platforms
- Organized, focused, flexible, self-motivated, creative/innovative, and customer-focused
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work independently and remotely, or collaborate with diverse teams across large geography
As a part-time employee, this position is not eligible for benefits.
About Adaptive Sports USA
Adaptive Sports USA, formerly known as Wheelchair and Ambulatory Sports, USA, is one of the oldest and best regarded adaptive sports organizations in the world. Since 1956, Adaptive Sports USA has been a gateway to regional, national, and international competitions across the multi-sport landscape. The mission of Adaptive Sports USA is to engage, evolve, and empower individuals with a disability to be involved in adaptive sport through education, coaching and advocacy. Adaptive Sports USA sanctions and supports over twenty regional Paralympic-style competitions in archery, swimming, track and field and other Paralympic sports. Membership consists of a growing network of chapters and hundreds of individual athletes who benefit from Adaptive Sports USA’s programming.
Join one of a few multi-sport organizations who are working to develop programming for children and adults who aspire to compete at the Paralympics and get physically active through sport.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Adaptive Sports USA national office at
by January 13, 2016. Questions? Contact Susan Rossi at 719-439-3823 or visit www.adaptivesportsusa.org .
ADAPTIVE SPORTS USA P.O. Box 621023, Littleton, CO 80162 www.AdaptiveSportsUSA.org (720) 412-7979
EMPOWERING ATHLETES SINCE 1956
Adaptive Sports USA is a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization
Tags: Adaptive Sports, Disability Issues, Colorado, Wheelchair, Veterans, Amputee, Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired,